Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Making Homemade Strawberry Quik

   I have to be honest. I love the strawberry Nestle Quik milk powder. I had it when I was very small and I gave it to my kids when they were small. We called it, 'Pink Milk'. Our daughter would wake up and her first words were 'pink milk'.
  I am now opposed to using sugar, but it is almost inevitable. I don't know what kind of ingredients are in strawberry quik, but I know there is probably a lot of sugar in it.
  This week I am reading a novel like book called, 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time'. In reading this book, an autistic boy is the narrator. Because of his condition, he becomes easily angered. He hates the colors yellow and brown. One of his favorite drinks is the strawberry shake. It sounds a little like strawberry Quik to me.
  So, I figured out how to make my own strawberry Quik. I took a cup of raw milk and added a couple of strawberries. Then I blended it in the Vitamix. It looks just like strawberry Quik and tastes good too. Yum!

Homemade strawberry Quik can be made from 8 oz. milk,
a handful of strawberries, and a couple of drops of Stevia
blended in a food processor or blender. 

Homemade strawberry Quik, without sugar and other
additives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment